Sydney Dreves had nine kills and Lauren Dreves added eight as the defending 2A state champion Columbia River volleyball team opened the 2022 season with a 25-9, 25 win. -15, 25-7 at Woodland on Tuesday.
Sydney Dreves added five digs and six aces, while her older sister had eight digs and four aces. Senior setter Sophie Worden had 22 assists, four digs and two kills.
Stars of the day
- Grady Millar of Mountain View Men’s Golf shot 3-under 33 at Camas Meadows to lead the Thunder to a 159-173 win over Union.
- Ridgefield volleyball player Lizzy Andrew had 12 kills and six aces as the Spudders beat Hockinson 3-0.
- Seton Catholic footballer Anna Mooney scored four goals as the Cougars beat Heritage 9-0.
- Shaela Bradley of the Center Women’s Football had a goal and an assist in a 3-1 win over WF West.
- Union volleyball player Drew Eggleston had a team record 13 eliminations as the Titans swept Tumwater 3-0.
- Skyview girls soccer Delaney DeGrande assisted on the tying goal and scored the game winner as the Storm beat Kelso 2-1.
- Center volleyball player Ella Schoene had 10 kills and 10 digs as the Wildcats opened their season with a 3-0 win over Elma.
- Union Women’s Soccer Avery Schilling scored the game’s only goal thanks to an assist from O’hu Miles as the Titans beat Ridgefield 1-0.